It's #GivingTuesday. What Are You Doing?

I don't think it's a secret that I'm a big fan of volunteer work and giving back. Maybe it's my age, maybe it's the fact that I feel very blessed, but whatever it is, it's an important part of my life.

Today is GivingTuesday, appropriately following Black Friday and Cyber Monday. givingtuesday.org has this great image on their Facebook page:

Giving Tuesday. It's easier to take than to give. it's nobler to give than to take. The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thirll of giving lasts a lifetime. ~ Joan Marques. November 27,k 2012. www.givingtuesday.org Get involved!

And Mashable has jumped in with a great list of 10 Ways You Can Take Action for #GivingTuesday.

So what am I doing? I made a donation to one of my favorite nonprofits, One Brick, that matches up nonprofits and volunteers to make a difference in local communities.

And I'm part of the Thunderclap going out today. There are some other things I'm doing, but you get the idea.

So what are you doing? :-)


An update on the day after #GivingTuesday.

This image was on the GivingTuesday Facebook page, and I just had to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment